Thursday, April 22, 2010

Recycle Reduce Reuse!

Sometimes I feel like all I write about are the things I want and less about the things that I or other people or our planet need. Since I was a little girl, I have always been a patron of consignment and thrift stores. As a growing kid, my mom always made me clean out my dresser and decide what was going to stay, go to consignment or go to Good Will. And you bet, I still swear by that today. (It goes nicely with my hatred for clutter.) Since today is Earth Day, I wanted to share a couple of thoughts with you all and hear what you have to say about it!

We all watched Captain Planet and know there are the common sense ways to make a difference just by altering our daily habits a smidge:

Don't leave the water running while brushing your teeth..


Turn off unnecessary lights...


All of us Temporary Nesters can all do our part in keeping things green for our Mother Earth, even when decorating our apartments. Buying furniture from consignment shops is a great way to re-purpose old furniture!  In fact, check out this gorgeous little cedar chest from a consignment store nearby that I hope to pick up this weekend to use as a TV stand!




Not only am I reusing and re-purposing but I also get ample storage with this piece as well. And I love the white, so I wouldn't even need to paint it myself! (Sorry folks, one less DIY for you to see.)

Crate and Barrel also rolled out their Earth Day email this morning and they have some great items, including this wall mounted plastic bag holder that would look snazzy in anyone's kitchen and will give your shopping bags (when you're not making use of your reusable ones like these hot bags) a nest of its own!


There are so many ways to keep our Earth green and healthy, if everyone does their part we can all be proud Nesters.

What did you do on this fine Earth Day 2010 to help out? Walked to work instead of drive? Took a shorter shower? Let us all know and share your ideas with us!

Stay tuned for more Earth friendly tips on recycling reducing and reusing!
[Insert Captain Planet theme song here]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3