Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Plan of Attack

Days Until Move-In: 18


Over the last few weeks since finding my new apartment, I've thought endlessly about the move itself. I anticipated being able to take my time and move slowly... after all, I have my current apartment until June 1st and my move-in date for my new apartment is May 15th. And that makes two luxurious weeks (NB: 3 weekends, the 15/16, the 22/23 and the 29/30) of moving. I thought I'd move the little, less necessary stuff first. You know, just a car load or 2 every night until finally the last weekend would be the big stuff... my bed, couch, dresser, etc etc.
And then I thought a little more about it... May 15th- my move in date? ...Also Moms' birthday. The next weekend, May 22nd? ...Matt and I have a wedding to attend.  So much for having three weekends! But I also just cannot wait to get out of my place and into the new one... So my Mom was kind enough to allow for a lunch or dinner out for the 2 of us and give me time to move some stuff on May 15th. The big stuff will go on May 16th. And I'll spend my first night there. (Just saying that makes my heart go pitter-patter and I clasp my hands and swoon like Prince Charming himself just put the glass slipper on my tootsies.)

Pretty much, from there I'll do the exact opposite of what I was going to do. I have to get all the important stuff to the house immediately following. I think things will move along faster with this method.
 I guess, as it turns out life gets in the way of things like moving. But you just have to figure it out and keep truckin'!

Stay tuned for all the great and messy packing pictures from Temporary Nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3