Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Clean slate

Often times I get frustrated that despite my love for design, that my home looks haphazardly slapped together. The combination of crazy mismatched art and messy bookshelves that makes it feel jam packed and I can't help but feel a sense of chaos.


I love organization and having everything in its right place. This tends to lend itself to a sense of calm. And I just need a liiittle calm.  {sigh}
So I had a minor epiphany and here's the issue:

A.) I used to have roommates and when 2 (or more) peoples' belongings combine... there's always an overabundance of something. Usually it's "art" and kitchen utensils. When you're buyin' 'em you think to yourself "you can never have too many options!" And now you have 30 pasta spoons and 15 posters that are somehow involving Marilyn Monroe.


B.) I am a sentimental sap. I keep all the books, post cards, vases or the tchatchki's that I've been given by loved ones.  I just don't have the heart to throw them out.  --Told you I was a sap.

But I've got an opportunity here... a totally clean slate! I want to make it into a serene, well manicured home so that when I cross over the threshold, I leave the days' stress behind me. Remember how I used to feel about my old bedroom? Well I want to feel that way- only better- about this entire apartment.

****

I want to apologize to you Nesters out there, I want to post pictures of my new place for you but my home computer has been having some technical difficulties uploading pictures. It will be straightened out shortly and you will get to see the whole shebang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3