Saturday, May 29, 2010

The View from the Sink

Good Morning Nesters! One of the first things I noticed about this apartment {but was in no way a deterrent} was this really awkward, ugly space over the kitchen sink.



Isn't it atrocious!? I know, I know... I was stumped at first too!  It was too short to hold any dish soap, and I didn't want to put the sponge up there.  Wood and wet sponges don't mix all that well.

And then something dawned on me. I had these four, multicolored faux French vintage canvas wall hangings that I used to have in my old bathroom.  I got the lot of them from The Christmas Tree Shops for $7.99.  So I retired two and took only the green and yellow ones to keep with the color theme and I was in luck! They fit perfectly!


They just tucked right into those two little panels that were so unsightly with water damage. But the shelf still looked a tiny bit empty.  So I added my hand-me-down marble rolling pin that my Grandma gave me.


The rolling pin does triple duty of holding the prints in place, adding a little culinary flair and also easy access when I bake! Does it get any better than that?

What do you think? Do any of you have an awkward space that you've changed it's function or at least made it look pretty? I want to see! Send your pictures over to temporarynest@gmail.com and maybe you'll see a blog entry about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3