Sunday, May 30, 2010

Soap 'n' Bubbles

Hey Nesters!  My sister-from-another-mister, Ashly over at Moon Walk wrote a blog post inspired by our fave gal, Martha, and about keeping your kitchen lookin' cool even with all the mandatory cleaning supplies in plain view.  As Ashly posted, Martha was sick of the ugly dish soap plastic container and decided to think outside the bottle.  So why not decant your pretty colored soap into an oil bottle for all to see?


Well I took this idea and ran with it! Check out my lovely new kitchen addition.


I picked up this ribbed glass oil decanter from TJ Maxx for a whopping $4.99. Now check out what it looks like with my over the sink addition that I posted about yesterday.


Not too shabby, huh? 

I have also fallen in love with this soap dispenser from Target.


They have it in a green or a blue tinted glass in stores. I am dying for it in the green tinted glass but right now I just can't stand the thought of paying $12.99 for a soap dispenser.  Does that seem outrageous to anyone else?! Sheesh! Maybe I'm just a cheapo? 

Well when all is together I'll give you an updated shot of the vintage inspired sink area.  After all, if you're going to be doing dishes, you might as well enjoy the space, right?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! It's a great addition to your new kitchen :o)

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3