Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Coffee talk

If you haven't figured out yet... I am a bit of a day dreamer.  I like to fantasize about all the thing I cant afford. We all do it.  Bummer, isn't it?  Since finding my place, I have been on a voracious hunt for 2 things: a TV stand and a coffee table.  I have had so many ideas that I couldn't decide what direction I want to go in! I knew I wanted things a little unconventional and most importantly, cheap.

That's why I decided to go with the cedar chest as the TV stand. 


One thing I do know for sure is that I like either dark or painted wood.  So, once this baby is all stripped of its finishes, I will be going to stain it nice and dark and will be perfect.

But now what do I do for a coffee table?  I have still been perusing Craigslist to no avail. Every coffee table for sale on there is either a horrifying homage to 1988 with super chunky oak frame and glass top...



...or is uber modern European with some kind of asymmetrical blown glass base that I think was just an over sized martini glass.
I'm looking for a coffee table that has dark wood, is rectangular and has storage underneath.  And I'm sure Pottery Barn has that.  Oh look!

 
Its perfect! And also a mere $300 -- on sale!  Man, I love that store.  But lets be real: everyone can love Pottery Barn but not everyone can afford it.  Damn. Back to the drawing board.

Luckily I have World Market.  And they have some really amazing furniture for some really amazing prices.  Check out this piece:


Look familiar? And its on sale for $129! Way better than $300... and with the money I saved from getting that chest for $90 less than I was anticipating ... I can easily afford this! I <3 bargains!

So whattaya say, Nesters? What is your fave coffee table style? You may really love the Euro-glass thing or the farmhouse antiqued look. What about an ottoman instead? Or really break the mold and go sans-coffee table entirely.  Thoughts? Ideas? We all wanna know!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that chest as a tv stand. Gorgeous. I'm not a fan of the euro-glass thing either. In fact, glass furniture of any kind really freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3