Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dish Towel Dilemma





To me, a kitchen is a work den. Its not a place that's going to be pristine all the time. It's bound to be covered in flour when baking cookies, or tomato sauce splatter when its been simmering for hours. That's just the way it goes. And the same goes for all my kitchen towels. Most of them are bruised and beat up and have been through the ringer and back.  Like a boxer... only for cleaning. They have accidental bleach marks and gunk encrusted in them so far that no matter how many times you wash, you'll still find a trace of it. Ratz! In my prolific interwebs prowling, I started searching for new kitchen towels. I want them to be cute but not too cute, have good absorbency, but not anything crazy scientific and to either be yellow, orange or a hint of red. Despite the plethora of dish towels on the World Wide Web, I have come up empty handed!  How disappointing!

In the meantime I did see some awfully cute ones on Etsy.







Since I came up short, I've decided that I'm going to try my hand at making my own kitchen towels. It should be as simple as sewing a plain terrycloth towel to a cute piece of cotton calico. That way, I will have the absorbency of the terrycloth and the cuteness of the cotton print.

Stay tuned to see how this project unravels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3