Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Keys to my Heart!

Well hello there, Nesters. I am coming to you today for the first time as a solo leaser (with a glass of celebratory wine next to me). That's right, folks! I have signed that baby and the keys- not to mention the apartment- are officially mine.
I immediately shot out of the new place after the realtor left and made a bee line for Target to get all the basics: dish drainer, broom, kitchen trash can and cleaning supplies galore! I felt the pain of that one at the register, let me tell you! Yikes!  I was hoping to get in there with some graph paper and map it out accurately for you all to see.  But I was so caught up in the hype of moving that I didn't remember to bring anything, my camera ... nor my measuring tape! What was I thinking!?

Regardless, I went in and I unpacked a few things and cleaned the bejeezus out of the house. My hands are dry with cleaning fluid, despite having worn gloves, and I go to bed tonight with a feeling of accomplishment.  When I was in there, though, it was so quiet and empty that I started getting really sentimental for my apartment that I'm leaving behind.

I know that the last few months spent here for me have been less than ideal... but there have been good days spent here once upon a time.  And then I think just a little harder and I realize how thrilled I am about my new life.


This is a big step in growing up. I'm 25. I'm really young. I'm still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up. (A blogger?)  But one thing I do know is how to make myself happy.

This will make me happy.

2 comments:

  1. woohoo! so excited to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that you are happy! I can't wait to see the place.

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3