Monday, March 29, 2010

Heaven... I'm in Heaven

Everyone has their sanctuary...

Some people have a cozy window bench for reading. 


Some people have a luxurious bathtub for some liquid stress relief.


I have my bedroom. It is the place I go to get away from anything and everything else in the apartment.  I don't have to think about anything that's going on at work. Or if there is terrible weather outside. I am surrounded by pictures of friends and family that love me and of course, Matt and I.
My boudoir gives me the warm and fuzzies. 

In an ideal world I would either have a bedroom twice the size of this one or I would have an entire house that would lend me the luxury of being able to spread my belongings out. But living in a shared space situation doesn't always allow you to dispurse your personal belongings around your house the way you want.


I am a creature of habit and sentimentality. If you notice the statue of the small Milk Maid in blue in front of my window, she was from my late grandmothers house. She sits on top of a bookshelf that my dad and I made when I was a kid (DIY at a young age!!) and also which houses with more photos of my family. Almost all the photos around my room have significance. All but one of the black and white images were images my father took or are family photos all of which I hold near and dear to my heart.

My brother and sister in laws wedding featured a photo booth of which I took home several strips that I mounted on a glass-on-glass floating frame with a heavy black frame.  Those are a dozen dried roses that Matt got me for my birthday this year. My dad bought my brother and I matching antique naval compasses that he engraved for us. This nightstand was also a project I tackled twice over.  But that's another blog entry for another day!


And this is the best part of my day. I get to retire to my regal brushed nickel bed that I purchased off of Craigslist on the cheap.  I had been swooning over this Van Gogh Almond Blossom poster for quite some time and finally found the right spot to put it. It reflects the blue and green hues in the walls and the organic nature of the bed frame and the white flowers are picked up by all the white furniture in the room. I love my room. My sanctuary. My chambers. What about you guys? Any special place you go that makes you happy? It could be in your home, back yard or even a special restuarant or park bench! Let me know, I want to hear all about it!

Well there you have it! I hope you enjoyed your mini tour of my minty heaven.
Stay tuned for more decor musings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3