Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cage My Heart!


 Heya Nesters! I bought a new accessory for my little nest at TJ Maxx a few days ago and this prompted me to rearrange my whole bookshelf. I love vintage-esque birdcages.  Something about them are so majestic and lonely and mysterious and pique my curiosity.


With the fantastical addition,  I had to shuffle some things around. You remember how I flipped in the spines of my book catalog?  Now you can see those a little better and they aren't as covered up with frames as they had been.  I have a lidless mason jar stacked on a couple books that holds little mementos.  One being the cork from the bottle of champagne Matt and I popped when I first moved in here.  That is my vintage film camera.  It carried me throughout college and used to be my dads in his college heyday. It's one of my most prized possessions and it looks pretty cool propped up there too.  They just don't make 'em like they used to!


This shelf is my favorite. A frame-free, matted image of a gnarled tree is veiled by a mini-homage to Matt and I.  {I have a slight obsession with captivating moments on film-- It's an illness.} We love to take photo booth pictures whenever we find one, too. So I framed two in one 8X10 frame and used craft paper remnants from the DIY coaster project to make a faux mat. I also loved the color of my two-buck-chuck bottle so I cleaned it- thoroughly- and maybe I can use it as a bud vase should the situation arise.


I love my little mini change but the birdcage is such a great addition!  It really brings height to the room and accentuates the high ceilings.  Definitely a welcomed change.


So what about you guys, Nesters? Any good finds on-the-cheap lately? Birdcages or anything else? Let us know!! We're all dying to hear! Until next time, stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. love tj maxx - you never know what kind of treasures you'll find! love what you did to your bookcase :) xo - julie

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3