Monday, September 20, 2010

Baking Bonanza!

Good Morning Nesters!  I found myself in a seriously productive mood this weekend. Saturday morning, I got to hang with Mom a little and started sewing a dress I'm making for a wedding we're  going to in November.  Then Matt and I went to scare our own pants off by going to see the movie Devil.  After a good nights sleep {thankfully without any nightmares! That movie was scary!} we got up bright and early and headed out to Stow to Honey Pot Hill apple orchards. 

 
Once we waded through the traffic getting in, we bought our medium sized bag and headed out to hike around the orchards.  We filled the bag about half way and then headed to the hedge maze. {Yes, we quoted Labyrinth the entire time.}


We managed to get to the flag pole goal and back out with a high five and a few laughs.  We grabbed some goodies from the farm store and headed back out to the orchards to finish off the rest of the bag. 


After all the amazing baked goods we smelled {and tasted!} and the whole yummy bag of apples we picked out, I was inspired to come home and bake, bake, bake!!  And boy did I ever... for 5 straight hours. 



Here's the ooey-gooey monkey bread that I baked first.  I have always loved this cinnamon-y treat but never thought of making it before, but I was so inspired I figured I might as well give it a whirl!  I'm happy I did!


And here is the apple crisp... that doesn't look as appetizing in this picture as it does in real life!  This one came into work with me today to celebrate a co-workers birthday. Hope everyone likes it!


And lastly, here's the apple pie.  Now, I've never made apple pie before and the jury is still out on this one.  I cheated a little on this because I actually bought pre-made Pillsbury crust.  I know- bad, right? The crust is the true test of a good baker.  I'm a fake-baker.   The counter space in my kitchen doesn't exactly lend itself to rolling out dough.  Excuses, excuses... maybe some day I'll try.  I'll give you the update once I actually dig in.

Now my fridge is chok-a-block full of desserts and I have no idea where its all going to go.  Oh well. I told you it was productive!  So what did you do this weekend? Did you have any fun Fall adventures?  Have any good easy baking recipes?  I realize this post isn't truly in the realm of home decor and what I usually talk about here, but I was just too excited not to share these with you!

1 comment:

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3