Friday, September 24, 2010

If I had a Million Dollars: Living and Lounging

Hi Nesters!  When you have guests over, you want to have your living spaces as welcoming and chat-friendly as possible.  Along with comfort, you have to have style. I love the idea of a luxurious vintage Parisian inspired space.  That's why on this weeks If I had a Million Dollars, I would want my living room to have lots of warm cream colors and cushy, cozy furniture that has an old-world European feel. 


 {images courtesy of indigoalison}
 

Isn't this Surya carpet stunning? It brings in color but is still so creamy and neutral and would work with almost any furniture color scheme.  Surrounding the rug would be two couches facing each other.


This is the Clea sofa by Stewart Furniture. I love the nail-head trim and the natural colored canvas upholstery. The trim and coloring gives it the heir I was looking for.  It has clean lines but with the plush pillows, it makes it comfortable to boot!


I love the curvy juxtaposition of this Paris sofa opposing the Clea couch. Isn't it funny that this couch is even called "Paris." How apropos.

Along with the couches, I would love to see 2 different armchairs.  These are both by Surya and are a gorgeous creamy leather.  I would love to see them shoulder to shoulder at one open end of the couches... much like this lay out. 


I love this angular Hyannis coffee table from Arhaus for these to center around. And its even on sale! It works with the dark wood on the arm chairs but isn't too matchy-matchy, and the glass table top allows you to see the beautiful detail in the area rug.


To keep things just a little more modern I'd love to see these chrome tripod lamps.

I'd love to see a pair of them flanking a curvy acrylic console table like this one from Four Hands


So if I had a Million Dollars, I would live and lounge in a vintage inspired, yet modern Parisian palace.  If you had a million dollars, what would your living room look like? Uber modern? Shabby chic, cottage style? All American cabin? I want to hear from you, Nesters! 

Stay tuned for more from Temporary Nest! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3