Thursday, July 15, 2010

Switcheroo

Heya Nesters! Today I come to you with a little peek at one of the big "switcheroos" I made in the living room.  I've said before in this post that I really wanted to change things around to make the space more "user friendly."


This is how the picture gallery looked with my silver dresser that is full of art supplies looked as soon as you walked into my apartment.

This is what it looks like now....


Recognize the ottoman and the throw pillow? I love them paired up and on my sage green and mocha colored Oriental rug.  It was a steal at TJ Maxx for just a few bucks when I moved into my last apartment.  You'll see the matching one in front of the door on the right edge of the photo.  I stole the floor lamp from my bedroom, where I hardly used it. It was a $20 Christmas Tree Shop purchase also from a while back.  But this nice little vignette feels unbalanced to me.  I want a surface for guests to rest a glass or plate on. So, I'm on the trail for a small end table to complete the look.

Perhaps a ceramic garden stool?  Like this one that can be found at Ballard Designs.


Or this tall, lean plant stand?


All just thoughts for now... the real hunt will begin once I can pound the pavement and look for some thrifty options but I'm so excited for my new little space.


What do you think? Do you like the photos above the chair? Or did you prefer it above the silver dresser? Inquiring minds want to know!

2 comments:

  1. So my question is...Can you see the TV from the chair? Haha! I like the switch...keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question: Yes! You can still see the TV from the chair. It was definitely something I took into consideration before making the move! :)

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3