Friday, July 30, 2010

Hiding that Bling


Hey Nesters! A hearty TGIF to you all! Do you ever find yourself in need of a jewelry box that isn't one single level? I mean really, how are you going to throw in all your necklaces with all your earrings, if its just one little box without everything getting insanely tangled? Impossible! And I can only speak for myself when I say that I don't like clutter, particularly on my dresser. It was a bright and shiny day when I realized I didn't need all that JUNK sitting out. Well if you're anything like me... this one's for you.


Design Sponge-- one of my all time favorite creative blogs had a contest a couple years back for the best DIY project and this one came in only 4th place but it has successfully won my heart. Follow this link to see the step by step tutorial on how to make it.

The only problem is... it requires discontinued drawers and end tables from IKEA. Luckily I think they are goodies that aren't too hard to find elsewhere.

The shelves are commonly used paper drawers or desk organizers that you can pick up at any office supply store.  The Container Store has these fun Stockholm Paper Drawers which would do the trick. {And are on sale!} 
Given, these are made of recycled cardboard and will not be as sturdy as wood, but you bet they'll be just as pretty and you're being green! But if you can, I would recommend using wood and either staining it as they did above or painting it a fun color.

As for the base, who says you have to use a pedestal side table to mount these to? You could use a small Queen Anne inspired side table, and find shelves that fit on it! Or any style that suits your home.


I love finding such inspirational ideas like this!  Maybe I'll give this a whirl and let you all in on the how-to and the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3