Thursday, June 10, 2010

On My Own

For those of you who have been reading this blog since day one, you know that this isn't only about decorating and DIY projects. It was about the struggle of living with roommates and finding a new place- alone.  Yes, it is okay to admit that on occasion {or more often than that in my case} you and your roommate(s) may see eye to eye. 


The reason I started looking for apartments, which lead to starting this blog, was that I knew I wasn't being a good roommate because I knew what I really needed was to live alone.  I had reached a point where I just wanted things to be my way.  That may sound wildly selfish, but once you've hit that point you'll know what I'm talking about. Why can't the cabinet doors just be shut once their used? Why does your roommate insist on hanging the ugliest posters on the planet when you're not home, so you can't give an opinion?  Does she really have to bring the party home with her every time?

{There is no excuse for this... ever... even in a dorm room}

So I got out. I knew what I wanted.  I had the option of getting a place with a roommate again in this post and I really did second guess this decision. But I persevered and refocused my efforts solely on the studios and one bedrooms.  As nice as it would have been to spend less on utilities, getting to have it all my way is worth the extra belt tightening.

It may sound particularly silly but not having to share my kitchen is the most amazing thing on the PLANET! I have already cooked far more than I did in any apartment and its reigniting my love for cooking.

So I just wanted to share with all of you avid readers that I haven't stopped pondering and appreciating all the musings from the beginning.  I am appreciating them {and all of you that are having similar thoughts} so much more and seeing the value in having people there for you as your back up, all the while relishing in my own place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3