Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bathroom Bonanza

When you step into my bathroom, its like a time warp to the 1970s.


Ok ok, this isn't actually my bathroom... but its pretty groovy, right?

This is my bathroom.


It's really tiny but enough for just me.  This picture is making it look pretty darn good actually. But if you look a little closer, you'll see the bathtub is beige but the toilet is white, the vanity is somewhere in between {physically and color-wise} with a faux marble top. The tile on the walls are white with beige freckles and don't forget about that lovely beige border. But wait! There's more! The tile on the floor is beige 1/2"x 1/2" tiles {much like the currently popular mosaic tile} with the occasional brown tile thrown in.  Neato!

What's more problematic than the bland color scheme, is the storage. That medicine cabinet holds a good portion of nail polishes and vitamins and all the other first aide gear and cleaning supplies and things that aren't used daily are housed under the sink. But I have a slew of hair goo and lotions and all that good stuff that gets all of us girlie girls gussied every day... that is the only box that I still have not unpacked yet. So I've been thinking about how to utilize the space in my tiny little commode and get a space where once and for all, my doodads can find a home.




I really like the openness these two but I am a girl that likes things out of sight.  Having things that aren't meant to be seen, being seen is one of my pet peeves. No one needs to know how many leave-in conditioners I have in order to keep my locks luxurious! That means as much as I want glass doors on this cabinet it doesn't exactly lend itself to hiding things.  Let's take a look at a few styles that are little more demure.






 If my bathroom weren't so small and drowning in the color brown, I would probably have a dark wood cabinet.  Being that that is not the case, I will stick with white.  The simplicity of the last "space saver" with the small X elements at the top really is the the best combination that I've come across.  Another nice attribute of this one is that there are 4 legs with space between them. This removes the weighty feel of the solid sided pieces, which again is important when your bathroom is a wee one! {ha ha, "wee"}  Luckily, this one is a steal from Overstock! 

What do you guys think? Do you like open shelving? Or are you like me and want to hide all your goodies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3