Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Every Book Needs a Home....

Heya Nesters!  I'm sure you've seen my lovely Ikea Lerberg shelves lurking in the corners of my pictures.

{Yikes! Remember the move!?}

I got them for my last apartment thinking that they would give the same appeal as the Crate and Barrel Sloan Grey Leaning Bookcase since the shelves tapered and gave the illusion of a lean.


Yeah. Not so much.  They were also $20 each and when you're already at Ikea, how can you say no to that?
At the time of purchase I didn't quite think everything through. Only after finding books had fallen off the shelves nightly, did I realize that- silly me- I truly should have bought a bookcase with sides. Now that I've grappled with these for about two years, I feel as though I've gotten my twenty bucks worth and can move on to bigger and better things! --Only on the cheap.


I love the look of tall bookcases with crown molding. Too bad bookcases like this a) do not fit in my apartment and b) do not fit my budget. So I started browsing the interwebs for Ikea Hacks. {Ikea hacks are when people take their Ikea purchase and alter or re-purpose them.}  I came across this hack and knew it was exactly what I wanted to do.

This is the white Ikea Billy bookcase that goes for $59.99...
Walmart sells a very similar one for $25 that is just a few inches shorter than the Billy. I know my choice!  I'm so excited about this project but sadly the Walmart bookcase is out of stock online and in my local store, so I will have to test my patience skills and wait until it is back in stock before following up on this project! 

Have any of you Nesters ever done an Ikea hack? Or have you found a really amazing one online? Share it with us! I know I'd love to see it and I'm sure everyone else would too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3