Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The One: The Reveal

Yesterday, I picked up the newest addition to the homestead: the coffee table.  Unlike my creepy-Psycho-esque incident when I went to retrieve Buttercup from a Craigslist seller, this was a smooth {albeit heavy} day-lit pick up. Doesn't it look fabulous in my living room?



Now that I have it in, I couldn't imagine having a big chunky wood coffee table. This is just an organic fit with the rest of the room.   I can't wait to finally get the cedar chest under the TV and see how they look juxtaposed.  Lets take a closer look...


Though I was looking for something more simple and, as I keep saying, rectangular and a little more like this one from my favorite blogging duo: Young House Love.


They found this simple, unobtrusive coffee table at a thrift shop. Lucky ducks!  This would have been my perfect idea of a coffee table but I have to admit, I really love mine. It has a little touch of girliness thanks to the scrolls but otherwise, really keeps it simple. 

All the research and patience {and sometimes lack there of...} has certainly paid off in the end.  I suppose the moral of this story is something like the Tortoise and the Hare: Slow and steady really does win the race. I took my time, waited until I knew I found the right one. There were hundreds of coffee tables I could have gotten, spent more than twice as much and been less satisfied with.  After all, why would you buy something you're not in love with?  Now, I am downright giddy with The One.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3