Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tray Chic!

Lately, I've been feeling like some of my decor is just floating on their surfaces and need to be wrangled in. While I thought of tying them together with dental floss, I thought it may not cut it in the aesthetics department.  Hm. Where now?  My thoughts turned to vanity trays...


I love this little vignette. So feminine and romantic.  How can I duplicate this without spending an arm and a leg though?


Flea markets will definitely be a good stop on my journey but eBay and Craigslist will also may get me a step further.


I started expanding my thoughts of trays to {my very favorite holiday} Christmas!  A little more burly tray could be used to wrangle decorative displays.


Isn't that fabulous?? It looks so unintentionally chic and festive.  I'm loving this idea of getting a tray or two more and more.
This very reasonably priced Target Room Essentials tray could do the trick at $19.99. {Can you tell I'm a little obsessed with mirrors?} But just call me Cheap-o Mc Cheaperson because I don't really want to spend more than $10 on either the vanity tray or the tray that will probably land itself on the silver craft dresser.



A round tray could make things interesting too since all my furniture is so angular and square.  So I found this round Ikea tray that could be dressed up to work for my colors.

It's beautiful as it is with the light birch look but I envision a fair amount of high gloss spray paint doing wonders on this to make it pop! But again, it's a smidge more "pricey" than I want at $14.99.  {I repeat: I am cheap!}

So that's what's been on my mind lately Nesters! Do you guys have any feelings towards using trays in your decor?  Hate it? Love it? Have any pictures of your own trays at home that you've styled? We'd love to see it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3