Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Two Hundred.

Two Hundred. 

This post is number 200.  Whoa.  That's a lot of posts for a newbie like me.  I've been at this blog for 8 months and I'm so happy to be here and have you all reading it. I hope that at some point or another you have been inspired and learned something from this blog. If you haven't then hopefully you will in a future post. But enough jibber-jabber, let's get on to the goods. 


I had an extra vacation day to take by the end of the year so my boss suggested that I take Monday off.  Twist my arm!  I slept late {if 9:30 is late} and picked myself up and got ready to head out to the promised land:  Target.

First stop, was the $1 bins. I always make a quick sweep through there just in case something interesting catches my eye. Luckily, there were some great Christmas ornaments in there!  They came in 4 packs or 8 packs.  The quadruplets were jumbo and the octuplets were "normal" sized. I snagged 4 packages in all different shapes and sizes.  My tree doesn't discriminate.

Shatter Proof Ornaments

I also picked up some $2 garlands.  I got three different colors, red, silver and gold. 

Beaded Garland
I was pumped to put it all together and I knew what I was going for but as they say "haste makes waste" and so I mapped out my plan of attack with some tape. 


Instead of using the garland on the tree I wanted to use it on the wall above the couch.
 I tested out this pattern but didn't love the extra swag in the middle. And this is exactly why we test it out with tape! 


Much better! {Oh and don't mind the mess! Whoops!}  So I busted out the Command hooks with the thought that I could hook the little thread between the beads on them.  When that didn't work out I got creative.  I picked up some red ribbon at the craft store for holiday goodies.



I tied a loop in the center, then a bow to hold the beads together, then hooked the loop onto the Command hook and Bob's your uncle! It looks super cute to boot! 


Then I added ribbon to 3 of the ornaments and added them to the hooks as well. And I am very happy with the results!


Hey! Can you see me in that reflection? Hi Nesters! HA!  I hid the knot behind the ornament hook against the wall.


I think its looks pretty cute! As always, its all a work in progress.  So if anyone has any suggestions or successful decorating tips, we'd love to hear them! 

1 comment:

  1. We just hung some fresh garland over the large opening between our living room and dining room, with command hooks (of course)!

    This year, like last year, we have a small (3 ft) artificial tree but having grown up with a real tree every year, I missed the smell. After having the garland up for a few days, I can tell you that fresh garlands are definitely a cheaper and easier way (no watering trees, no worrying animals might drink said water) to get that piny smell!

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3