Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The start of the holidays...

Heya Nesters!  Today I wanted to share with you a little sneak peak of how I've started to decorate for the holidays.  I love Christmas and I can't wait to go all out for it but I have to wait at least until Thanksgiving is over before I go whole-hog.  So I started it slowly and subtly.  Remember this little vintage birdcage I picked up at Home Goods not too long ago?

I decided to spruce it up for the holidays!


  I grabbed my coupon and headed to the Christmas Tree Shop and picked up various sizes of pillar candles.  I was lucky enough that they were on sale AND I had a 20% off coupon! {SCORE!}  They ended up being only about two bucks a pop! Not too shabby!  I arranged them inside the cage, busted out my good ole berry wreath and relocated the candle sticks that normal call the kitchen table home. 

{Forgive the terrible pictures!}




I'm loving the way it turned out. And you can see a smidge more of a sneak peak of the subtle decor that I've scattered around. Notice the red and silver ornaments on the shelves?  You may also recognize the glitter skull from the window display from Halloween!

Stay tuned to find out more transitional holiday decorating!

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great!! I need to find a birdcage like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I got mine at TJ Maxx/Home Goods. I would keep an eye out there and Marshalls if I were you! I love mine!

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3