Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Magic

Before the ice is in the pools,
Before the skaters go,
Or any cheek at nightfall
Is tarnished by the snow,
Before the fields have finished,
Before the Christmas tree,
Wonder upon wonder
Will arrive to me!
- Emily Dickinson

What is the magic of Christmas.  It has always been something that I absolutely LOVED.  Not for the presents {Though, I am a big fan of the receiving I am a bigger fan of giving.} but that warm and fuzzy feeling you get around this time of year.  I am the biggest cheese-ball on the planet. Ask Matt- its bad. But on Christmas it's 10 fold.  On that note, here are some classic {and not so classic} trees for your viewing pleasure.






This one is for Matt.


Pretty impressive for those avid readers out there! 

Do you guys have a classic tree, or an alternative one? Maybe you have some thing like our friend Charlie Brown? Tomorrow there will be lots more from Temporary Nest so drop on by! 

3 comments:

  1. I love a really really spare (not quite Charlie Brown style, but close) tree with oodles of garlands and lights. This is the first year that Mr. Man and I will have a tree, and I'm super excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! How festive!! That sounds so cute! Hopefully you'll put some up at Holyoke Home so we can all see! :)

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3