Thursday, December 9, 2010

Shopping overload


I really have overdone it this year when it comes to gifts. I mean, don't I look like I'm drowning gifts here in my lounge? ... HA! No but really, I have gotten some really amazing deals this year which has caused the disease of "Well, if this was so cheap I guess I can pick up that too!" Don't you hate that? 
I could have gotten away on the cheap this year! Instead I folded under the pressure of awesome gift ideas. Of course I'm not going to give away the pressies that I picked up since I know some of the fam reads this. I'm also making tons of presents this year. My goal was to make all of them or at least the "big gift" for everyone to be hand made.  I have to admit I have failed. Not everyone has something hand made. Next year, is the year though: all handmade.  I'll give you a hint, they will most likely all be sewn.  Since that's what I do best.  And for Christmas 2011, I will start making said gifts beginning December 26th 2010.  HA!

In the meantime I'll be braving the malls with riot gear on.



Anyway, my point is, I will be sharing many wonderful DIY's and fun reveals of presents after Christmas day so that no surprises will be spoiled.  So I hope you all will stay tuned for that!  Have you guys DIY'd any presents this year? That are safe to share here on the interwebs?

While we're talking about sewing... Do you guys have any special requests about what you'd like to sew? I've shown you a basic throw pillow sham already and how to spruce up a plain ole tea towel.  Along with a vintage inspired slip cover for the Ikea Nils stool. But I'd love to sew and want to be able to show you more that I like to do and more that you want to see or have always been interested in trying.  So pitch it to me you can either leave a comment below or shoot me an email at temporarynest@gmail.com and I'll see what I can whip up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3