Friday, October 1, 2010

If I Had a Million Dollars: Bubbles and Suds

Heya Nesters! Many of you would agree: most women love their quiet time alone in a bubble bath with a book and a few candles.  Just a little while to let the world melt away and sink into the warmth blanket of the water and the fantasy world of your book.  But it's not easy to do if you have a crummy little bathroom like mine.  So If I Had a Million Dollars: I would have one helluva bathroom.



 
Actually, the bathroom above is even a little much for me.  But I love the idea of a crisp white and gray bathroom with a large frameless glass shower and claw foot tub. 


 This inspirational image has a unique tub with black legs and a white basin. I do like that the tile is white and the walls are gray, so if -in the end- I don't like gray, I can paint over it without having to invest another million into it. I also really like the deep vintage sinks.


These chair rails and molding in this bathroom lend a true grace to this bathroom and the classic, statuesque pedestal sink plays along perfectly.


Now this one is so very truly my style. I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw the 2 different shaped mirrors.  The dove gray horizontal paneling and columns give it a rustic but chic feel.  The white marble slab coupled with the dark heavy wood is absolutely breathtaking.  I'm not totally sold on the whole "his and hers" sink issue. I don't find it too terribly difficult to share a sink with Matt.  But if I could have them both look like this? Yeah. I'm in love.
 

Now talk about a seriously decorated bathroom.  It's insane. I don't think I could bathe in here for fear of getting it dirty! But it really is elegant and beautiful and if I had a million dollars I would LOVE this one. 

What do you guys think, Nesters? Any specific bits you would put in your bathroom if you had a million dollars? Perhaps you've always wanted your own fountain? Or you've always wanted one that was polka dotted? Or you hate tubs and want only a shower! Let us know, because we're all dying to hear! Until next time... stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you sista ;) How amazing would it be to have that fireplace in the bathroom too! pure relaxation bliss!

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    xo,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal you are brilliant!! Fireplace in the loo! YES PLEASE! Without exaggeration- that notion just made my heart skip a beat... Definitely fireplace is a new must-have on my If I had a Million Dollars list. THANKS!

    Anyone else have a fun idea??

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3