Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Card Art

Heya Nesters! Last year sometime I went to an local artist community open studio.  Most of the art was out of my price range (which is nil) but one photographer {sadly, whose name escapes me} had some photos that really stood out to me. 


Her images were black and white, mysterious and moody.  I love photographs that make me question what the story is behind them.  Much to my chagrin, all her full sized images were well out of my price range.  Luckily I snooped around her studio enough to find that she had square, blank greeting cards for sale with her images pasted on the front. They were only $2 each! *High Five*

Now I just needed to figure out how to frame them. I was going to do what I love and get two frames and hang them gallery style.  But with a little further thought, I decided to use one frame and a double mat and put it in one frame. Luckily, my dad is a photographer and is a very good mat cutter.  If you want to learn how to cut your own mat here is a great, easy how-to.


Recognize it at all? It has made its new home on my desk! 


So, why stop at any old photograph? If you find an artist you love, see if they have a postcard or calendar and mat and frame those!  Well Nesters, I hope you guys can put the mat cutting directions to use and make framing less of a wallet hit and a smidge more boast-worthy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3