Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Move 'em on! Head 'em up! Rawhide!

{image courtesy of Apartment Therapy}

Good Morning Nesters! Lately, I keep getting glimpses of some stunning rooms that incorporate animal hides and I have to wipe the drool from my lip every time. I fantasize about having a dining room with a cowhide under the table. Take a look...

{Image Courtesy of Young House Love}

{Image Courtesy of Young House Love}

{Image Courtesy of Young House Love}

{Image Courtesy of Jonathan Adler}
  
Hides are available at many different high end design retailers but an affordable option for us poorer kiddies, is over here at Tandy Leather.  Your best bet is to find your nearest store and head on in to take a peek at their stock because obviously as they are naturally occurring, they are all different sizes, shapes, colors and patterns. So go and find exactly what suits your needs!
 
Note: Many people may be against the use of real animal skins for decorative uses but I can just report on my personal opinion.  I know there are many faux options for leathers and furs which can be just has luxurious and beautiful but I personally prefer true leather and furs. If any of you know of any great sources for faux options, we'd love to hear about them too, so please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3