Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Blogiversary, Nesters!

One year ago today, a drained 9-5'er reached for her laptop while lazing about in bed, watching TV and started a blog.  This blog.




When I started writing, I was in a remarkably different place in my life than I am now.  I was unhappily living in a three bedroom apartment with 3 other girls. Two sisters in one bedroom- one was a temporary situation, both of whom were very sweet- and one other girl who made my life a living hell.  She was rude and inconsiderate to everyone. And while I lived in the apartment first, most of the furniture was mine and procured her as a roommate {Through Craigslist.  She faked me out at first, thinking she was human and had feelings.} I had no choice but to start laying the ground work for a new living situation. I had to for my own sanity.  I was angry all the time and becoming irrationally mean to her at times.  I really was going crazy... bat-shit crazy. {Pardon my French.}


So I started taking you on a journey, from the first post


to the first DIY

 

to what felt like an epic, unending house hunt.


Then, of course, the move happened.  I retrieved my sanity, dignity and carloads of crap and I've been setting up house ever since, taking you with me for the ride.  I've been here for eight months now {Can you believe it!? Almost a year!!} and I really am happier than I could have ever imagined.  I have fodder for this blog daily because I am always trying to think of ways to improve the functionality and aesthetic of this little nest-o-mine. Matt and I have spent many of the holidays here, creating memories, making this house a home. I couldn't be happier.

I want to thank you, though, Nesters.  You are the reason I'm here.  If I thought I couldn't inspire or bring a fun little tidbit to just one person, I wouldn't be here.  So a regal {Wills and Kate?! WHAT?!} curtsey and a hats off to you, my lovely readers.


Thank you!


Happy Friday! Now go and have the best weekend ever! I'll see you back here on Monday with some exciting pictures of Satine!

8 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary Gina! Unfortunately I've had my share of bad roommates over the years too and know how draining and frustrating it can be. So glad you got out of there, found a place and started this blog! And I'm glad that I found you here on the interwebs :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygosh congrats! Happy 1 year bloggy buddy! <3

    Hope you have a fantabulous weekend! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Congrats Gina. You made me think about Moon Walk and I think mine is coming up too in a few days! Its amazing to think a whole year has gone by already. Thanks for the inspriation. I have enjoyed every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary, Gina! I haven't been with you the whole time, but I've enjoyed every minute since I found your blog! Have a great weekend. I can't wait to see new pics of Satine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary. I enjoyed recapping your year. Great blog.



    Audrey
    www.livingfoxy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversary. I loved the recap because I only started following recently-ish. And you know I heart your blog! Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3