Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bedroom Inspiration

Heya Nesters! Coming on the heels of yesterdays love.like.loathe. post, I decided to look at some yellow, aqua, and chocolate colored rooms to see how they've worked it and see what tickles my fancy.  I know that I want to mix some patterns in there. I'm usually a "solids" kinda gal, but this time 'round, I will dare to be daring!

via

The gold mirror in this room was the inspiration to paint my leaner gold. Wouldn't it be incredible??  I also love that this room includes the olive color to mute down things a bit.



I absolutely adore the vibe in this room. I'm not entirely sure whats going on with the carpet but the rectangular lighting fixture and the lucite chairs make me swoon.

via

This room may not have any yellow in it but imagine these wingbacks in a mustard?  It would be incredible.  I haven't been able to take my mind off of this gallery wall since I laid eyes on it. And desk + chair= swoon worthy.

via

I want to find this wallpaper. I would buy it and save it for a day that I was allowed to wallpaper. Also, notice the skirt on this couch, it's short and pleated and adorable! It makes what could be a granny couch look totally sweet and feminine.

via

Now, this wallpaper print coupled with this carpet design is pure genius!  The carpet looks as if it reflects the silhouette of the damask motif, doesn't it? The chairs pop just enough but not too much... ugh! I heart it! Though... is that a goat in the foreground? That's odd.

via

This puppy is exactly what I would want. I mean EXACTLY. I love it all. If it were translated into a bedroom that is. The cowhide, the gold/glass table. white couch, mirror over mantel, yellow chairs, aqua walls. I can die a happy designer woman.

So, Nesters, what are your colors in your room? Or do you just pick up what you like and make it all work? {some of the best houses are like that!} Do you love or hate this color combo? What's your favorite image? Dish! I can't wait to hear what you've got to say! <3

6 comments:

  1. That cute little skirt and the lucite chairs are my favorite--I'd love to have either (or better yet both!) in my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, VERY Hollywood Regency/Barbara Berry.

    These images are FANTASTIC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those yellow chairs are fantastic! These are all so pretty! i bookmarked a few for my inspiration folder too -- totally what i'm looking for!

    thanks girl!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  4. that first inspiration photo is my DREAM! the golds and the blues...
    but my luck, if i ever lived in a place that cluttered, i'd look more "batty crazy cat lady" than "artistic bon vivant."

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be impossible not to be happy in that last room. Gorgeous -- I so agree with you. Oh, and I really, really like the yellow wallpaper. I think you should do that behind your bed. My bedroom is boring and beige, and I ignore it for now. Maybe after I'm satisfied with the main living spaces and the kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the aqua and yellow together! I need to be better about using bright pops of color and patterns, too! I usually do lots of solids.

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3