Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Striking Gold

Heya Nesters! I was poking around on our all-time fave Craigslist a little while ago and I stumbled on an awesome piece. 


If you're in the Boston area, here is the listing. I love it and its only $40!!! 
I know the pictures are a little dusty and maybe the lighting is even a little off putting, but keep in mind: these images are straight from Craigies.




I can totally see this hot gold mama in a modern take of Versailles. 

visitingdc
Which by the way was the most awe-striking place I've ever been.  And if you've never been there, make sure to go to Le Domaine de Marie Antoinette.  They are this cluster of amazing little homes built for Ms. Antoinette, that melted my heart. I just wanted to live there for ever and ever and ever and ever.

Oh yeah and I used to have really short hair.

 Anyway, I digress.  My vision for this bargain of a table.
Maybe something like this....


Or this...


Can't you just see it now?? If I had the layout for a square table, instead of my table, she would be mine in a FLASH! Alas, it just wouldn't work.


Can you tell this is an old picture? That chair has had about four homes since this picture was taken!  BUT! I have been inspired.  I have started thinking about doing a gold wash over the iron base of my coffee table.  Nothing super duper bright, but just a wash.

hmmmm....

So, if you're a Boston Nester: GO! Email the seller NOW! And if you do end up having Goldie in your home, email us some pics and let us know how you styled her up!

6 comments:

  1. I wish I was in the Boston area, that would make an awesome cake stand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love Versailles--it was probably one of my favorite places we visited in France.

    Marie's chateaus were closed for renovation while we were there so we didn't get to see them really but that just means that I'll have to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO FLIPPING WAY! This is AMAZING! so jealous but superrrr excited for your newest find! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find! Go and snatch it up!
    Have a fab day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like you - I always find stuff I love, but can't fit in my teeny townhouse :( Someone will give that table some love . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so happy you guys liked my find!! Others may look at it and think im crazy but to me... its beautiful! ** cue Angela Lansbury singing Beauty and the Beast**

    Maybe if no one snatches her up I will and use her as an end table instead.... hmmmm so many ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3