Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Baby Shower Countdown

Heya Nesters! Much like Christmas, I am making almost everything for my nephew {who should be making his grand arrival in about a month} and his honorary shower.  While I can't show you what I'm working on just yet, since I want it to be at least a little bit of a surprise, I can share with you some inspirational nurseries.  

via
I love the unique wallpaper and art in here and the pops of color make it exciting. Not to mention I want that rug for me... Is that bad??


via
Super serene and calming.  As cheesy as it seems, the tree gives it a true sense of family.

via
This must be the nursery of a graphic designer.  The tone on tone alphanumeric wall is a huge statement and super creative!

via

This is a little more classic option but I love the playfully upholstered chair and the ultra high chair rail with the wild print.

via
Sleek, sophisticated, calming and fun with that ceiling!

via
Mid-century Mod California style. Tufted crib? Electric orange mod rocker? Oh yes.

via
I love the juxtaposition of the circles and the stripes in this shot!

I love that these nurseries are different and don't conform to the baby blue and white color scheme.  While those are also adorable and comforting and sweet, I like my nurseries with a little more edge.  Maybe that's the old wannabe punk rocker surfacing? I mean what's more punk rock than a nursery, right!? HA!  I love the more adult flair of these stylings.  After all, the baby isn't the only one spending time in there.  Parents should enjoy the space too!

So what do you think, Nesters? Love 'em? Hate 'em? Do you go for a more classic nursery look? Or do you have some wild ideas for your tiny tots? Link up to pics of your nursery! We'd love to be even more inspired!

PS: Did you guys all sign up for this weeks Monet necklace giveaway?  Go now! That necklace is so amazing!  <3

4 comments:

  1. Those are some fun nurseries! I'm with you, I think that nurseries should be more fun and playful (it is a kid's space after all) while also soothing enough for adults who spend all hours in their with their kiddos :)

    How fun that you are going to have a nephew! I can't wait to be an aunt, although it will probably be a few years for me still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nurseries that depart from the expected. I can't wait to see what you're making. My first grandson was born in 2009, which happened to be the 40th anniversary of Woodstock. My daughter and SIL found a cool Woodstock poster and I designed their nursery around it and made pictures, mobiles, etc. Definitely NOT traditional.:) http://goo.gl/h8e26

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rug, for you? Totally well deserved! Especially that you're doing e-ve-ry-thing for your nephew!

    I really love the yellow stripes on the ceiling, very surprising and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you're making!

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3