Monday, May 9, 2011

Zara Wishlist

We don't often get the chance to chat fashion.  Usually over here at TN we're chatting DIY's and home decor.  But since I've put a moratorium on buying fun, new things for the nest since I won't be here for all that much longer, I've taken advantage of my pocket change and been revitalizing my summer wardrobe.  I'm obviously on a tight budget like everyone these days, {especially before a move} so while I stick with buying most things from Target, Forever 21, TJ Maxx or Marshalls, there is no harm in looking at the other retailers! That's where Zara comes in...

via


It's funny, the only time I ever actually buy anything here is for my brother for his birthday or Christmas.  He's a fashionable guy {ahem... with the help of his fashionable wife and sister of course} and has a lean build, making it hard to find clothes that will fit him well.  Zara's men's line carries some awesome slim-fit dress shirts that are present-perfect.  But him aside, I've been eyeing their women's goodies online and here some some of my faves.



OK... I realize this is not a summer thing but good god I want a cape.  I might need a capelet {short cape} though, since I bet this one would hit my ankles and that's a bit too Little Women for my taste. But definitely check out their coats. They have a spectacular variety of trenches and coats.  It never ceases to fascinate me how just little modifications to one basic design can change things so drastically.  Oh fashion. *swoon*


Now this linen jacket is totally my style for summer. This actually might have to make its way into my closet...


I love this cascading ruffled dress coupled with these heels!! You cannot tell me that this is not the perfect outfit to be a wedding guest!  Beware: you might show up the bridesmaids!


Normally I gravitate towards black, navy and gray.  It's just so easy, isn't it? Well this is pretty much the exact opposite of that! I love that the green becomes the neutral and that this ensemble looks totally casual and yet so chic.  Hmm.. maybe I should skip the linen jacket and get this one instead....


Audry Hepburn lives!! This modern version of the "Mod" 60's era look is so versatile and classic.  Much like the previous image, I could totally live in this.


This red mini makes me want to go out dancing. 'Nuff said.

 
In stark contrast, this miniskirt would liven up any business's conference room. I love the unabashed bold stripes.

We all know that an outfit is not an outfit without the right accessories.  This basket woven tote would make the most adorable beach tote.  Or every day tote for that matter! The cheetah print lining doesn't hurt either.

Needless to say, many of these pieces don't have to be purchased at Zara but I think I've found new inspiration for my closet.  With the impending move, I have already started going through my clothes and pulling out things that I won't wear or haven't worn in over a year.  They will either go to consignment or to the Salvation Army so I can refill my new "hers" closet with some more color!  Viva la Color!


**All the images above are from the official Zara US website unless otherwise noted.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, can we talk about that third photo down, the outfit with blazer and shorts? I own a HUNDRED blazers like this but am terrified to try this look. I'm afraid you're supposed to use some kind of "special" blazer and I'll look like an idiot if I try it. Okay, I'm gonna try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great wish list items! I especially love the dress and cape although I don't know if I could pull off a cape but I'd sure like to try :)

    ReplyDelete

Heya Nesters! I always love your feedback! So dish, because we all want to hear it! <3